8 Great Reasons Why Vancouver Women Choose FPMS Birthdocs
- We are skilled and knowledgeable Family Doctors with years of experience caring for people of all ages and have a special love of pregnancy and birth.
- Meet the Doctors Night gives you a chance to get to know all of the doctors who will be on-call for you.
- We understand this is YOUR pregnancy and birth and you know what is best for your family. We help you build on your strengths and give you information you may need to help you make the best choices for you and your baby.
- One caregiver is usually all you need. In addition to pregnancy care, FPMS doctors are experienced in newborn care, breast-feeding support, general medicine, and counselling. We refer to specialists in all fields when necessary and will stay involved in your care until you are referred back to your family doctor.
- The FPMS doctors are readily available. The on-call doctor is scheduled to do only maternity care and can be contacted at all times for labour, birth and any emergencies. Pregnancy and newborn visits may be scheduled any day of the week in our clinics.
- Shared care by the FPMS doctors ensures that your health information and your preferences are known to every doctor in the group. We all share the same philosophy and approach to your care. After the birth we share information with your regular family doctor. If you don’t have a family doctor, we help you find one.
- Teamwork is valued and promoted by the FPMS doctors. The team you bring, which may include family members, friends, and a doula, is welcome at any time. We coordinate the best care for you by working well with other members of your health care team.
- We provide care in Connecting Pregnancy groups, which combine prenatal education with medical visits and foster relationships among families.